We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

We're spending the weekend of February 1 in Montreal. Wife, me and 4 year old. Looking for things to do. We've done the Biodome, etc. before and will happily do those things again, but came across this in my searching. Fête des neiges parcjeandrapeau.com/events/… I can't seem to find any more info (in english at least) as to what his event entails. At least from the map at the website link it appears to have a lot of things going on. Mostly interested in whether there are activities for a 4 year old, plus interesting enough for Mom and Dad as well. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

It is held between January 18, 2014 and February 09, 2014 - Weekends only

It is Montréal's "snow festival" Families are invited to play outdoors and enjoy activities at Parc Jean-Drapeau. You may get a map of activites on their website.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 20:40
Mentioned in this post
Parc Jean-Drapeau
Parc Jean-Drapeau
583 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

On the main page at parc jean drapeau, At the bottom of the page you can change the language to English:

parcjeandrapeau.com/events/…

Edited: 09 January 2014, 21:51
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,057 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

Alas, the map is all in French -- but if you scroll down the main page in English (there's a link at the top right, too), it has a description of all the events -- some are free, others cost. The 4-year-old would probably love the inflatable bouncy things and the Disney small paws "village" and perhaps some of the many slides. Very, very family-oriented, so you can't go wrong.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

Ah, thanks Tristou. When I scrolled down the page before I stopped when it started listing other events, but you are correct that further down the page is more info. I think as long as the weather is okay we will check it out. Thanks again!

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

One more question-- anyone know if they have food and drink vendors on site? If so, what type of food and drinks are offered?

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,057 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

Basic fast food type things, with the cafeteria-type place at the Aquatic centre but also a few food trucks -- I remember one selling waffles. So you won't starve, but I would have a good big breakfast before heading out and bring snacks, too.

And there's a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8F1cLOz4gY that shows a bit of what"s available, although the time I went it was a lot busier than what they're showing and I remember it being a lot more fun than what the video shows :)

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

Okay, cool, thanks again!

8. Re: Fête des neiges at Parc Jean-Drapeau: What is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:18