We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant specializing in seafood

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Hey looking for some opinions.

I am surprising my wife with a weekend in Montreal as she has never been there. She is(can't remember what she calls it) but basically a vegetarian that eats seafood as well.

I have booked a suite at the W so would like to be in old montreal preferably and as close to the port the better.

Also money is no object on this so I don't care if it is crazy expensive or not.

Thanks in advance.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

You did specify that it could be "crazy expensive", so I did not point it out as it appeared to be a non issue. The decor is nothing to write home about, you go there for the fish.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Café Ferreira, Milos, Le Bremner all in the high end. Maestro SVP, F Bar in the medium end.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Maestro is good for its oyster selection, food is ok. Wouldn't be my first pick based on your description.

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Platipus what I am saying is I am good with crazy expensive if the food really does warrant it.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

As far as I'm concerned, Café Ferreira, Milos, Le Bremner are ALL worth it.

Platipus, Maestro is definitely lower end but yup, their specialty is oysters, oysters and oysters.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Milos: you go for the freshest and best fish around, no frill, no sauces, just the plain McCoy

Ferreira: a bit more variety than Milos, decor is way better, clientele a bit more varied than the business types

Bremner: haven't been to but menu looks promising but the Seafood Plateau might not be for your wife

Andiamo, Lots of opportunities for a pescetarian (advance reservation) and all the bells and whistles

One notch lower: Andiamo

Two notch lower: Maestro

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Forgot Andiamo... Rick is correct.

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Cool thanks guys.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Milo's - Parc (avenue du Parc) near Laurier. Pricey, but compared to similar quality in the US, it is not a fortune. Montreal is a relatively cheap-ish city to eat making it a foodies heaven. Go after 11pm to save a bit. 15 minute cab ride from the W. As a Montrealer I will say that the best restaurants are not in old Montreal (except Gibby's). Old Mtl is quaint and a must see, but the restaurants are over priced compared to the quality. A bit touristy. Gibby's is in a 250+ year old building and oozes in ambiance. Although they are known for their steaks, their fish is VERY good. For Gibby's and Milo's make reservations. The W is VERY nice, but note that it is business area and not in touristy old Montreal. 10 minute walk. Gibby's is a 5 minute walk, or ask hotel doorman to arrange for a horse + buggy (Caltech in French) to pick u up at the door or take one for a ride around old mtl after Gibby's. Their valet can arrange it for you. If cold, the Caltech has a blanket usually in order to keep you warm. Your wife will love it. Warning - it can get VERY cold Jan-Feb, so dress for it.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Best restaurant specializing in seafood

Wow ! Gibbys has to be the worst restaurant in old Montreal in its price range!