We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good bar close to bell center ?

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Good bar close to bell center ?

Which bar would you recommend for a couple of drinks before the show ...close to belle center. We are going to see Brit Floyd this friday night !

Thanks

Marc

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

Ye Olde Orcharde Pub on Montagne just north of Rene Levesque is where people usually go for a pre-game/show drink. it's a block away from the bell centre. There's also Cage aux Sports basically in the bell centre or Baton Rouge if you want a full meal, and of course dozens of other bars just blocks from the bell centre.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

Bier Markt just across the street. Nice ambiance, new place so decor is nice. I've been twice and although its more expensive (location is probably the cause), the beer and food is good and it's so convenient to be near the Bell Center.

http://www.thebiermarkt.com/

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

Everyone I know who went to bier market were appalled by the service and I didn't dare to go.

Mcleans on peel is low brow but been there for ages.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

Mcleans and Ye Olde Orcharde sounds like more the type of bar we are looking for ...

Merci !!

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

Also, what would be your recocommendations for downtown bars with live band ? Classic rock or top 40 ? Thanks !!

Germain

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

Lol! 1st time that sylves makes the chi chi recommendation while I make the low brow one.

I can't help you with top 40 stuff. Isn't funky town on peel still open ? Disco and abba like stuff I have been told. Wouldn't be caught there dead!

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

most pubs will have live music on a saturday night. Ye Olde, Hurleys, McKibbins and Irish Embassy should all have and are all within a few blocks. I can't vouch for Mcleans or grumpys (i'm always at the former four so i know those better). Of those I'd say Irish Embassy usually has the biggest bands and the most rock, and the biggest patio if you're here when its warm. Most of the bars (non-pubs) won't have live music.

8. Re: Good bar close to bell center ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:17