We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

Hi all,

I'll be staying in Montreal next month in the Vieux-Port area, and was keen to go visit the Sucrerie de la Montagne for one of their 'year-round' sugaring-off feasts.

I've been trying to find some transportation to get myself and my partner there and back from our hotel and seem to have found only 2 options:

1. A $90 taxi trip, each way

2. A 2 1/2hr combination of train, bus and taxi

Are there any other options that are more-or-less direct, and not going to cost $180 for transportation alone? Perhaps a company that does transfers or all-inclusive packages?

Any info woul dbe greatly appreciated -thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

Any chance of renting/hiring a car?

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

Not really, we're only there for the day and woul dprefer not to hire a car.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,011 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

Yup, sugar shacks are in the middle of maple forests, normally, and so not close to transportation. Even during the season, it's not an activity that has shuttle busses for tourists or anything like that -- most people make their own way there, or if it's done as a group activity, the organization may book transportation but it's not open to the public. If you were here at sugaring off time, I'd say head to a university and check the bulletin boards to see if any trips were announced, but in June? I doubt it.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

Honestly, I think your cheapest and most convenient option is to rent a car.

The added bonus is that you will be able to visit other things in the 'country' side... WEll not really country but off-the-beaten path stuff.

Mont Tremblant...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

I second renting a car and adding other visits. I have often suggested Sucrerie de la Montagne + Fairmont Château Montebello and Parc Omega. It is even easier nowadays as the highway from Montebello to Montréal is completed.

6. Re: How to get to Sucrerie de la Montagne from Montreal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:16