We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you caught the bus to Ottawa?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Have you caught the bus to Ottawa?

We are aiming to stay in Montreal and visit Ottawa for the day on the Greyhound bus.

We have bought tickets online - the accompanying email says be there 1 hour in advice of your leaving time!! Each way!! But the Greyhound website says it's ok to get there 30 minutes before the leaving time.

Have you done this trip? When do they stop allowing people with printed e-tickets and only hand held camera bags to get onto a 9.00 am bus please?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Have you caught the bus to Ottawa?

I know that Orléans Express has got the permission from the Ministère du Transport to be dispensed to put another bus if the first one is full for the late departures but that is for Québec City.

For Ottawa if the bus is full they must pull another one as there is a stop in the West Island to get some more passengers so they need to figure that in the equation.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Have you caught the bus to Ottawa?

Thank you all - should be ok I think! I will write a trip report & tell you how we got on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Have you caught the bus to Ottawa?

Hope everything works out.... It will be interesting to see what the end result of the trip is...

14. Re: Have you caught the bus to Ottawa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 06:16