We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal in December?

San Diego
7 posts
Save Topic
Montreal in December?

My husband and I want to take my mom for her 60th somewhere special in late December. We would fly from Manhattan, NY. But we wondered if anyone could tell us just how cold it would be and if there are many activities we can do indoors and if traveling to and from places would be fairly easy. My mom is healthy and can do a good amount of walking. She doesn't have too many hobbies but does enjoy traveling and seeing new places. Advice please?

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal in December?

In comparison to San Diego, Montreal in late December is cold like HELL. ( I always tend to disagree with people when they say its hot like hell). You can stay at Sheraton on Rene Levesque / Stanley in downtown that would be nice for your mom and U2. Because, its a very well reputable 5 star hotel and very close to all the restaurants, clubs, bars, shopping malls etc. in downtown.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal in December?

You should book a hotel linked to the underground, like the Queen E or the Hilton Bonaventure. This way, if it is too cold for you, you can shop, go to movies, etc without having to go outside. Montreal is apparently the largest underground-connected city in the world.

Go to www.weatherunderground.com and you will never need to ask a weather question again - historical stats are there.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal in December?

Check the histoical weater data, but it isn't that cold in Dec. Bring a good coat, hat, and gloves, and stick to the subway and cabs if there is a cold spell. If it's in the 20s or 30s (f), you'll be fine.

4. Re: Montreal in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 04:17