We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sending excess baggge from montreal to adelaide australia

Montreal, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
sending excess baggge from montreal to adelaide australia

i am wanting to send my excess luggage to australia from montrea.l canada post is very expensive and the majority of shipping companies require a minimum weight which far exceeds our little suitcase. can anyone please help?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sending excess baggge from montreal to adelaide australia

Fedex

DHL

It's going to be expensive no matter who you use ...

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sending excess baggge from montreal to adelaide australia

FedEx, UPS, Purolator.

Usually, the least expensive is Canada Post though...

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sending excess baggge from montreal to adelaide australia

I wonder if you will be charged more than my lifetime record for sending excess bagage. I once was ripped off for the equivalent of $125. in Scotland, to SHIP a box back home, the size of a walking boots' box....

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sending excess baggge from montreal to adelaide australia

I was talking with a friend this morning who recently returned from Hawaii bringing 40kg of excess checked luggage (wife shopping) with him. He said the excess weight charges on the airline worked out cheaper than other alternatives from Hawaii. Worthwhile investigating all opportunities like he did.

5. Re: sending excess baggge from montreal to adelaide australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:16