We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to accommodate 10 for a bachelor party?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Linden, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel to accommodate 10 for a bachelor party?

Hello, I am heading up to Montreal Sep 11th - 14th (3 nights) for a bachelor party of 10. Would anyone know if any of the hotels have large suites or at least adjoining suites to accommodate 10 people?

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to accommodate 10 for a bachelor party?

Well, the reason no-one's answered here is that I don't think you'll find official accommodations for 10 people in one place -- the maximum allowable in a hotel suite is 6, and many places only allow 4. Some hotels have 2 bedrooms + a pull-out couch, making 6 -- I'm thinking Holiday Inn Express and Candlewood Suites, but also the Fairmount Queen E has connecting suites, although I don't know how many they can connect :) And the Sheraton, which is Bachelor-party friendly, has suites, but they only sleep 4 -- two in the bedroom, two on the couch.

This is all the more frustrating because a hop over to AirBnB.com turned up a number of places that you could rent that could fit you all -- apartments in the Plateau for example. HOWEVER, the problem is that AirBnB does not check whether these places are legal or not. (Here, as in New York and indeed quite a few places around the world, you are not allowed to rent short-term (defined here as under 30 days) unless you have registered it and had it inspected and everything is above board and you're paying all the taxes, for example.

AirBnB doesn't bother checking, so we suggest something like bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/hebergement-restaura… since although it has a clunky interface, it lists only official places; however, I did a search for 10 people for your dates and only came up with separate rooms in hotels.

This might be something where a travel agent can help you more than we can... or a bachelor party organizer thingy -- Big Oh from connectedmontreal.com is an occasional contributor here, and could surely help you, for a fee of course since it's his job :)

2. Re: Hotel to accommodate 10 for a bachelor party?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:17