We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Topic
60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

Hi There,

My husband's grandparents are celebrating their 60th Anniversary in a couple of weeks and we are trying to find a good restaurant that can host our party of 11 for dinner. They live in Laval but we are open to suggestions all over Montreal as well. We are looking for something a bit fancy, but not insanely expensive - think "The Keg" type of price range. They don't love spicy or ethnic foods (ie: Indian, Chinese, Thai) so we are looking for something a bit more classic like French, Italian, Seafood or Steakhouse type places. Also, a place that isn't crazy loud is a must so we can have conversations and hear each other. We will be going out on a Saturday night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

You should try to a small places like La Raclette... (very good and BYOB so not crazy expensive)

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g155032-d70…

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

Andiamo should fit the bill perfectly. It is in the mddle of a business area so they have a good clientele for lunch but is is difficult for them to attract people at night.

So their promotional value is that the same table d'hôte is offered at lunch and dinner and at the same prices, something probaby unique in Montréal. They also have a fish and seafood bar where customers can pick what they like in the fresh arrivals and have them cooked as they like.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

I come from Laval as well, there are nice options there now, particularly for groups and people who do not want to wrestle with parking.

In Centropolis in Laval, you should go to Sterling. Very good steakhouse in a nice posh yet classic setting. It certainly screams occasion. It's much better than the Keg but the prices are similar. Have a look at the website:

http://www.sterlingsrestaurant.com/

Again in Centropolis Laval, there is Mozza, italian. Less expensive than Sterling and a notch less on the fancy side, still very good. Their wood oven pizzas are the star here, but i've also had an amazing goat cheese salad.... and i am NOT a salad person. I was told the fish is good too though i did not try it myself.

http://www.restaurantmozza.com/

If you'd like french, i'd go to Montreal. Lemeac can accommodate large groups. It is expensive, but reasonably so. It's french food after all!! Parking is in the streets but not so difficult.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

Tapeo Tapas Restaurant is a great place for that. we did the same with a party of 12 - and tapas were perfect for such a group. It's near Parc Jarry on Villery.

There's a great new guide out for the Plateau too, with some good tips. Here's a link if you're interested.

Bonne fête!

http://tinyurl.com/kmmw6nl

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

For solid quality old school French inspired downtown Le Mas des Oliviers on Bishop below Ste-Cath is a great bet. The waiters have been there forever & know how to do things very traditionally. There is absolutely nothing fusion or trendy about Le Mas ... just a long tradition of getting the food right.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

Lol! I would describe Le Mas as geriatric, which may fit the bill in this case, however, this is an expensive restaurant.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

My last year's visit had a large multi-generational family celebration, several tables occupied by young (to me young = under 30!) couples & other tables split between folks with more life experiences than me and people born in the 70's & 60's (like me!) & I am far from geriatric (except for my eyes). As far as $$$ it's average for downtown fine dining.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

La Coupole at the Hotel Le Crystal is great. French brasserie with quebec dishes.

They have a wonderful terrace. Service is good, food wow.

You won't regret.

Lacoupole.ca

Facing Bell Center

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

La coupole is not a great restaurant. Google to find Lesley Chesterman's review in the Montreal gazette a few weeks ago. I thought she was too kind to the restaurant. Go to the mas, it might be geriatric but the food and service will be better!

Montréal
Level Contributor
106 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 60th Anniversary Dinner Restaurant Recommendations

I suggest "Tandem" - french cuisine restaurant.

It's very close to Laval - In the Villeray district - just a few km

It's a very nice "BYOW" with great choice, great food quality and super service.

The review on TripAdvisor are excellent.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g155032-d27…

**** Reservation is requiered.