We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal in October with a toddler

Midwest
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Montreal in October with a toddler

Hello, We will be driving up to Montreal in mid October and probably staying for 2 nights. We will have an almost two year old with us and are looking for advice on where to stay (neighborhood) and things we must see and do. We will have a rental car, but as I understand it, the metro is pretty easy to get around on- that would be our preferred transportation if it's true. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal in October with a toddler

It really depends on what you like as Montreal has plenty to offer for families.

In the East end of town, you have the Biodome (indoor, animals) and Botanical gardens (not sure, they may run some Halloween theme or Fall theme at that time of the year). This would probably be ok for things to do with a toddler. A stroll on Mont-Royal might be nice (closer to downtown core) - but October weather is hit and miss (read: could be fairly wet). Downtown Montreal would also offer plenty of shopping and some sightseeing (Old Montreal)

As far as where to stay, I personally prefer the downtown core as there are so many options.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal in October with a toddler

For a 2 night stay, I would also pick downtown as it is easy to access if you have a stroller... and offers a wide range of dining options.

3. Re: Montreal in October with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 06:16