We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hockey tickets and scalpers at Habs games?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton
1 post
Save Topic
Hockey tickets and scalpers at Habs games?

Can anyone make a reasonable guess on what tickets (blue, grey white?) for the Pittsburgh game on 16. Dec will cost by those scalpers just before the game?

And what about scalper's prices for the Tampa game two days ahead (14. Dec)?

What are the chanches to find four tickets together by those guys?

Atlantic Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hockey tickets and scalpers at Habs games?

Hi NotDot,

There are stacks of scalpers around, and a couple of friends who go regularly tell me that a group of tickets together in the nose bleed section are easy to get for close to cost if you're willing to buy just before the game starts.

I'm in the unfortunate situation of having a significant other who is a complete hockey addict, therefore we have to have GOOD seats and arrive AT LEAST an hour before the game so that we can watch the zamboni (seriously) and then the warmup (okay, I understand watching the warmup, but the zamboni?). Our options so far have been resorting to ordering through online scalpers (ebay, stubhub, etc), or getting online or calling on the 15th of each month (they release a block of seats for the following months' game). The best prices if going online seem to be through ebay.. looks like mostly season ticket holders who can't make a game.

Sorry I can't help more; I was actually on here today to see if anyone else had any other suggestions or advice about getting tickets re: online scalpers vs getting tickets from scalpers the day of the game. We're trying to get tickets for Feb 10th vs Ottawa.

Good luck!

Christa

2. Re: Hockey tickets and scalpers at Habs games?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2006, 23:14
Montreal
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hockey tickets and scalpers at Habs games?

I know that first row balcony - like AA whites go for $125 minimum with scalpers - usually two together (never four). And that's because the scalper liked my Leafs suck t-shirt. Went to the home opener and three other games...always paid that price for the seat.

My buddies found two reds for $100 each (great seating) just before the game started last nite against Buffalo. They found a scalper that wasn't apart of the major network.

The best thing to do with the scalpers is either go at noon game day (because they rather get their sales in as early as possible) or hustle them at gametime. The problem with waiting until game time is that they might be gone or they can raise the price to the rafters.

I can promise you now, the Pittsburgh game will be the most sought out game of the year. The people of Montreal love Sid the Kid. Tampa should be easier..even though local boys Vinny Lecavalier and Martin St-Louis make the game semi-important for fans.

online = try craigslist.org or 514tickets.com

go habs go

Atlantic Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hockey tickets and scalpers at Habs games?

I've just found tickets for a February game by going through ebay. I just put in an offer through the "stores" section which, after a little negotiating, was accepted. I paid about 140% of the face value of the ticket, which I thought was very reasonable.given that I didn't have to go wait in the cold on September 15th to get my tickets, although it'd be nice if Habs tickets weren't entirely sold through a huge scalpers network and were in fact generally accessible to the "little people" like me. Oh well. Maybe the boyfriend will get seasons tickets or a special ticket pack for his bday next year. :)

5. Re: Hockey tickets and scalpers at Habs games?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 11:20