We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival Parade

Level Contributor
351 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival Parade

Our family will be in QC during the last weekend of the carneval. Unfortunately we had to book rooms just outside the city for Saturday night. Is it worth coming in to see the parade? We have two school-age children. Anyone have any tips on a good viewing spot--it can be so frustrating for a 7 year-old to have to look up and see only backs and shoulders.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival Parade

Having seen the parade yesterday night I can honestly say taht you could skip it and not miss anything, for the first time in my 52 years I was completely lost from the whole shabang and it lasted all of 35 minutes.

Level Contributor
351 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival Parade

Are there any fireworks or auxillary celebrations? We'll be having dinner in the city that night at 6:30--maybe it's not worth rushing out for.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival Parade

They had a lot of criticism from almost everybody today, we were told that they would make some changes for next week but??? and there's no firework or anything else afterword but Place de la Famille on the Pains of Abraham will still be open.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival Parade

We just got back from Carnivale and we skipped the parade on Saturday night because it was extremely busy, I mean REALLY busy during the day, I could not imagine how bad it would be at night..there were atleast 20 buses of kids(school trips) there the day we went, last sat..we had a heck of a time trying to find parking and we arrived before the Carnivale opened at 10am! no way we would have hung around all day..

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival Parade

I was at the parade on Saturday night and it was the only thing at the Winter Carnival that I was disappointed in. I didn't understand some of the floats, the parade took a long time to get started and it was very short - about 35 minutes seems right to me. It seemed sort of thrown together with school children wearing some sort of costume but having no rehearsed performance.

I have been haunting this Board for months now in preparation for travelling to the Carnival and I am in the process of writing up my impressions of the Carnival and the City and will post something starting tomorrow.

I do want to say that my husband and I felt very welcomed and found the City to be so very beautiful and full of terrific things to do and see. No one should miss visiting Quebec City!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival Parade

Skatermom, I look forward to your trip report. I have not seen many on the QC forum and love reading them to help me plan my trip.

Level Contributor
351 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnival Parade

We've never been there during Carneval--usually a week or two later. We're planning to do a few things on Saturday and perhaps the parade. I don't know that it will be worth the hassle--we ended up having to stay outside the city (though we'll switch as soon as the Carneval ends). We've never lacked for things to do there and just enjoy being in a snowy city.

8. Re: Carnival Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 10:20