We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review: Quebec City Day 1

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review: Quebec City Day 1

Before I begin, I want to thank everyone here who was so helpful answering all my questions. We had a wonderful, wonderful time. The people were wonderful, the food was delicious and I fell in love with Quebec City. We loved it so much we are definitely going back!!

We had spent 2 days in Montreal and arrived into Quebec City at 2:00pm and checked in at the Bed and Breakfast Manoir Mon Calme on Grande Allee. (I had emailed them the evening before if we could arrive between 1-2pm and they were very accommodating)

We literally dropped our luggages in the room and off we went. We walked to the promenade des gouverneurs and continued walking while taking photos along the way and looking at the beautiful view of the St. Lawrence river.

If you plan on doing this walk, I highly recommend walking from the promenade going toward the Chateau Frontenac where the walk is much more bearable going down most of the steps, If you take it starting from the Chateau Frontenac you will be walking UP many, many steps.

What a sight to see the Chateau coming into full view. It is magnificent. Photos do not do it justice. My plan was to see the lower town today so my husband and i took the stairs to the right of the funicular.

I have to admit when we were at Rue du Petit Champlain, I was very overwhelmed. I couldn't believe how crowded it was. My plan was to make reservations at Lapin Saute but I was afraid I wouldn't even be able to find it in this crowd. I didn't realize at the time how compact the streets really are.

Rue du Petit Champlain is very charming. We spent quite a bit of time exploring the shops and just admiring the beauty of it.

We then walked to Place Royale and went inside the Notre Dame des Victoires church. We then walked along some of the streets, just admiring and taking it all in. I wanted to go to the market but it was already after 5pm and knew it was closed.

We then headed back and went to dinner at Lapin Saute. I didn't have to make a reservation as we were eating dinner around 6pm and it wasn't that crowded. My husband who loves rabbit had the rabbit with two mustard sauces. I (who do not like rabbit) had the salmon salad. Both were delicious! No wonder it's so highly rated on this site.

After dinner we took the ferry to Levis. I took some amazing photos of the sun setting, the views of the old city were breathtaking.

After we docked, it started raining a bit and we just walked along some of the streets we hadn't yet seen and then found our way to the port to see the Image Mill. We met a couple from Baltimore and spent some time talking to them while waiting for the show to start.

After the show, the funicular was crowded so we walked up the steps and went back to our bed and breakfast.

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review: Quebec City Day 1

It is a pleasure to read your report. It certainly looks like you made the most of your time their. I have a suggestion since you love Quebec City in the summer try to visit in the winter. Very charming at that time of year,if you don't mind the cold.

Salt Lake City
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review: Quebec City Day 1

Thank you for the great information on Quebec City. We will be there tomorow.

I do have a question. You said you took the ferry to Levis and mentioned seeing a show. What show did you see and was it at Levis??

Any other suggestions on what not to miss in Quebec City would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Salt Lake City
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review: Quebec City Day 1

Yes, that is me.

Edited: 08 August 2010, 03:43
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review: Quebec City Day 1

The show was not at Levis. It was at the port, the show is called Image Mill or is it Mill Images, I can't recall right now LOL

Do not miss the Cirque d'soleil show. It was wonderful. Everything we wanted to do, we did. I covered it all on my trip reports.

Have a wonderful time.

Edited: 08 August 2010, 03:54
5. Re: Trip Review: Quebec City Day 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2011, 05:17