We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

We checked out early and went to Montgomercy falls (which is about 15 minutes away) Parking is $9.50. We spent two hours here walking up the steps to the bridge and back to the car. I'm glad we stopped.

We then went to St. Anne de Beaupre and spent about an hour here. I would have loved to have taken the tour but we needed to head back to NY as it was getting late.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Quebec City. It is a very beautiful place to visit. I can't wait to go back.

I hope I haven't bored you :)

Mentioned in this post
Beaupre
Beaupre
Quebec, Canada
Services Touristiques Feuille d'Erable
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tours Accolade
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Tours Voir Quebec
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Atelier\/Excursion Photo Ile d'Orleans
Photography Tours, Sightseeing Tours
New York City
Level Contributor
48 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Thanks for taking the time to write your reviews. We are going in a few weeks and you've given me a blueprint to follow. Thanks!

Level Contributor
499 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Merci :-P

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Thank you for your trip reports, stellina! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay enough to be willing to come back :)

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Thanks for your report. So glad you enjoyed your stay in Quebec City. I love it too.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Thanks for your great trip report. We leave this Saturday (Aug 7) and can hardly wait to return.

The crepes sound amazing. Will seek that place out, for sure.

D in Muskoka

Quebec City
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Thank you for reporting Stellina. It was a pleasure to read. I hope you get a chance to come back to Quebec City for more adventutres... who knows, maybe next winter :)

Vancouver
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Thank you very much for your detailed report of the Quebec City.

I've booked a cruise (Costa Atlantica) with 3 other friends. The ship docks at Quebec City on Oct 23. We are allowed to stay one more night on board and disembark on Oct 24.

We plan to explore Quebec on Oct 23 and 24 before we take the public transportation (probably bus) to Montreal. Our freight from Montreal back to Vancouver leaves around 9:00 pm on Oct 26.

None of us like to drive and we might be very confused with the traffic signs all in French?? Can you tell us is it easy to get around Quebec with public transportation? Can we follow you foot step without a car?

We also want to see the Thousand Islands which I understand is about 2.5 hours drive from Montreal.

Should we book a hotel right in the Centre of Montreal? Again we prefer to take public transportation as opposed to car rental since the youngest one in our group is 61.

Any suggestions/advice will be very much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Quebec
Quebec
Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Sorry NervousBee but it is considered not good netiquette to post your own query over an already existing one, particularly if it was a sleeping one like here. This actually sends a notification to the original poster that somebody has answered his/her query. If you want to have some feedback from stellina1936 you can send her a private message on this site while if you want a general opinion I invite you to post another query.

Hope that this thread has been only temporalily awakened.

Vancouver
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Thank you very much for your tips.

Unfortunately, I've never set up a new topic myself before. Computer is hard for me to handle.

Is it possible that you tell me how I can get in touch with Isabelle?

Thanks again.

Vancouver
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Review - Day 3 July 29

Hi Rickb,

Ooooooosps...

It is me again. I meant Stelina 1936 instead of Isabella.

My apology.