We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Basse Ville

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in Basse Ville

Could anyone make a few suggestions for a place to have LUNCH in the Basse Ville area.

We will be strolling and shopping and sooner or later, we'll want some food!!

Would probably prefer some light fare -- since we will be eating a lot at dinner each evening -- but exceptions can be made!

Merci Toujours

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in Basse Ville

I like Buffet de l'Antiquaire, at 95 St-Paul, in the antiquaries neighbourhood and not too far of the Marché du Vieux-Port/Farmer Market. Good food, choice of daily menus, breakfast served all day, does not break the bank. In the Petit-Champlain area, Le Cochon Dingue ("The Mad Pig"!).

In Upper Town, I do hope that you planned on having lunch at Le Parlementaire, the restaurant inside the House of Parliament? Excellent food, superb decor - open on weekdays until 2PM, reservations and photo ID mandatory http://tinyurl.com/263b5fa

Edited: 21 November 2010, 02:07
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in Basse Ville

My understanding is that Le Parlementaire will be closed the week before Christmas, during our visit.

C;est vrai?

Merci

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in Basse Ville

How about Le Saint Malo on St Paul St right next to Buffet de l'antiquaire. The ambience is very French and inviting. The prices for lunch aren't too outrageous and the service is friendly.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in Basse Ville

I think I recommended Le Lapin Saute to you before on Petit Champlain. It does have some lighter dishes. Also, Le Marie-Clarisse at the base of the funicular, and facing the beginning of Petit Champlain, specializes in seafood and also offers some lighter fare. On the other side of Petit Champlain is Le Pape Georges, a wine bar which also offers cheeses and an occassional bowl of chilli or soup. And finally L'Oncle Antoine on St. Pierre, in a very old building, offers light fare from a very tiny stove located next to the bar. It is always amazing to see such good food prepared from such a tiny location.

Enjoy!!

JDP

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in Basse Ville

In the week between Christmas and New Year the best place to have lunch is at the farmer's market.. Yummy, Yummy and so fun!

6. Re: Lunch in Basse Ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 05:17