We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Help! Looking for 3-4 week French immersion course at a serious school in Quebec City. Can someone please make a recommendation. Intermediate student looking for really intense program.

Thanks!

PT

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

As for lodging, you should look at this website: bonjourquebec.com/us-en/hebergement-restaura…

Every LEGAL type of rental in the province is listed there.

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Dear Muftimixand match,

Thank you, I did read the earlier posts but just wondered if someone had any newer info. Thank u so very much for your help; i will take a look at the link u recommended.

Drisana

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,304 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Bonne chance faire un choix, Drisana!

Good luck making a choice! I think you will really enjoy Québec Ville. I think it's one of the most special places in Canada.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Did you try www.ecolequebecmonde.ca/home.php?lng=en ? Or www.langues-jonquiere.ca/page_jonquiere.php… ? Both offer high quality, respected courses that will get your French up to speed. You have your level assessed beforehand so you can be sure you are studying on the correct course for your needs. I would also recommend complete immersion outside the classroom in the time you are studying – no English-language TV shows, no speaking with your family in English… it will be tough but worth it.

Irvine, California
1 post
Save Reply
55. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Thank you for your post. I am HIGHLY considering attending this school once I retire at the end of next year!

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

A quick rundown of immersion options in Quebec province for the teens you have: Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup and in Trois-Rivieres. The first also offers 18+ in spring session. Centre linguistique du Collège de Jonquière also offers both age groups with teens only in summer. Collège Saint-Charles in Quebec City.

Explore à La Pocatière, Campus Saint-Jean, University of Alberta La Pocatière (QC) and Institut français, Université de Regina Gaspé (QC). Lots of options for the 16-17 age group.

Others for 18+ include Trois-Pistoles French Immersion School, Western University (London, ON). Universités de Montréal, de Sherbrooke, du Québec à Chicoutimi, du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), du Québec à Trois-Rivières (the one I chose). Finally Laval in Quebec City.

As noted previously there are also regular language schools and other programs that offer French language study... many however do not include the immersion that part is up to you.

Level Contributor
19 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Has anyone heard of this school

http://www.cec-education.com

I''m interested in taking a one week super intensive course in Quebec City in July. Does anyone have any suggestions?

With thanks!

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
58. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Hi Jdfe,

I am looking to do the very same...plan on being in QC from July 4th to the 13th....do u already know some French? Curious to see the responses u get.

Thanks!

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
59. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Hi,

Were u able to decide on a program? I am going to be in QC for ~ 10 days to learn French and go to the music concerts....wud be nice to meet folk there in the same boat as myself.

Drisana

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Dear Realbeard,

I am planning on being in Quebec city for 10 days to learn French. U mention u frequently host students; do u have availability to host me during this time period, what are the charges, and where exactly are u located?

Many thanks,

Drisana