We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

Boston...
4 posts
Save Topic
Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

Me and my husband are planning to visit Quebec city for this New Year's eve. we are planning to stay for two days and for looking for affordable hotels close to old town. We are in our mid and late 20's and not too picky. We are quiet happy with clean place and friendly staff. Any advices on this are very welcome.

Best Seller
Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day...
1,422 Reviews
from US$90.40*
Best Seller
Montmorency Falls and...
890 Reviews
from US$45.20*
Best Seller
Quebec Old City Walking Tour with...
672 Reviews
from US$24.35*
whitestone, ny
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

Can try a small 2 star hotel on rue Ste-Anne. Le Jardin Ste-Anne very clean, very very good location, in fact in the heart of Old Quebec.

http://www.jardinsteanne.com/introang.html

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

You could try one of the Hotels du Parc. Actually under this banner you will find independently owned hotels all located near to each other in the same area near the Chateau Frontenac.

Since these hotels are independent (they just pool for one website) quality might vary greatly form one to the other so I suggest that you check them in the hotels review secton of this site and other similar so that you will able to skip the duds when finally choosing one. www.leshotelsduparc.com

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

Maison du Fort has a pretty good reputation on TA's website, both for location (quiet street near Château Frontenac and yet, close to everything) and for the quality of hospitality of its owner.

http://www.hotelmaisondufort.com/en/

whitestone, ny
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

Please give us an idea of affordable for you!

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

Hello All,

Thank you very much for all your advices! I was mostly hoping something around 125$. As of now most of the affordable hotels are booked. We are leaning towards using our united miles to book a hotel. Here are the options available to us. I am mostly debating between Clarendon and Hilton Quebec. Even Hotel Chateau Laurier looks promising. Any advices on it. We are driving and most of these hotels are charging us an extra 25$ for parking. Any advice as to where else we could park?

Hilton Quebec

Hotel Royal William

Pur Quebec

Delta Quebec

Loews Le Concorde

Hotel Chateau Laurier

Clarendon

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

I've stayed at both the Clarendon and Hilton. The clarendon is in the heart of the Old City, in Upper town, close to everything, and to the funicular to Lower town. The City Hall parking lot is a very short block away, with nightly parking there about $15/18 per night. The rooms can be small but overall it is good service with a good restaurant

The Hilton is just outside the old city gates, but still easily walkable to everything. It has been recently renovated. The rooms overall will be much larger, some with great views. Service and food are also good. I don't know where there is any nearby parking though I'm sure the local DEs do.

If I were to pick between the 2 for location I'd go with the Clarendon.

JDP

whitestone, ny
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

If you are looking at Clarendon would consider Hotel Champlain, breakfast included and parking at 14$ per day! Read on TA

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

Hello,

I heard that most of the action during the new year's eve will be at Grand Alley. From Google maps, I see that Grand Alley is close to Hilton, I might to totally wrong about that. Any thoughts in the same? Any other ideas as to what we can do for New year's. I know that there is a completely different thread for the same.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

What are you looking to do? The Hilton is far enough away from the revelers that it shouldn't be too much of a problem. There will probably be a band down there, and some fireworks, and a few of the clubs just up the street will have parties, but it won't be directly downstairs if that is your concern.

As others have pointed out, Quebecers do not celebrate New Years like they do in Times Square. It is in general far more low key.

JDP

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable hotels in Quebec City for 2012 New year's eve

With our usual winter weather we have to keep it low key outside! lol

Anyways the fireworks takes place over the Parliament building so you might even be able to see them perfectly from your room if you request one facing that way. And Grande Allée is on the other side of Parliament (Assemblée Nationale) so no revelers just outside of your window for a long time! But if you want to join or just walk in the neighbourhood to get a feel of the celebrations then just dress warmly and walk around. That should be fun, not like at 3 am when they throw the drunks on the sidewalks. BUt again, for that you will be insulated by the Parliament!.

If you want some food with your party then you will have to book for a "réveillon" somewhere (if you book a room at the Hilton call the concierge for suggestions). Réveillon is a long, late and expensive supper with a lot of different courses. It will end in the elevenish, just in time for the New-Year celebrations

Get answers to your questions about Quebec City
Recent Conversations