We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is the best place to stay and eat

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sanford, Maine
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
where is the best place to stay and eat

My husband and I are heading up to Quebec for a 4 day visit in may. We would love to stay at a place that is unique and walking distance to all the main attractions. We love to be able to sit and have a glass of wine in the late afternoons and people watch.

Also where are there good places to eat that are not formal or fancy. We love places that have a relaxde atmosphere. I also am interested in having lunch at the Parliment and be able to walk to that also.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is the best place to stay and eat

I am also planning a first trip to QC and have found that the forum is filled many times over with answers to the questions you have asked.

Begin with the first two topics that always present themselves when checking the forum.

Look on the sidebars for other questions ["Top Questions about QC"]. Search under topics with more specific questions [ex: restaurants; hotels in various areas, names of hotels].

And, search for Trip Reports.

I've been at this for over a month, have copied out so much I have my own guide book. Bon voyage.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is the best place to stay and eat

You want to stay in the Old City, either in Upper Town, or Lower Town, though most of us recommend staying in Upper. If you want to be in the center of it all, the Chateau Frontenac has it all, good food, service, views, and people watching on the Terressa Dufferin. If you want small and intimate, with a great restaurant and service, try the Auberge Place D'Armes, also in Upper Town. Right on a well walked street, it has outdoor eating with plenty of people watching opportunities.

Enjoy!!

JDP

Sanford, Maine
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is the best place to stay and eat

thank you for the replies, I searched thru all the forum suggestions and have now made my reservations at the Auberge Aux Deux Lions. So looking forward to our stay and touring Quebec.....now keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather when we are there.

Bon jour

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is the best place to stay and eat

Hello lin71.

As far as places to eat in Quebec City you will find so many lovely restaurants. There is a nice variety of cuisines and as far as atmosphere, there is something there for everyone, some places are very fancy while others are more laid back. Just walking around the city you will find restaurants that will interest you. I would suggest a few hours strolling along the Rue de Petit Champlain...there are a few cafes with patios there and it's a great place to people watch - something you mentioned you like to do.

You won't be disappointed going to Le Parlementaire. It's such a great place to have lunch. I would suggest you make reservations there.

(418) 643-6640

Also if you happen to go to the Museum of Fine Arts I would highly recommend lunch at the restaurant there.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is the best place to stay and eat

for a glass of wine late afternoon Le Pape Georges on rue petit Champlain is the place to go.

quartierpetitchamplain.com/bistrot-pape-geor…

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is the best place to stay and eat

I can't disagree with Le Pape Georges. Good atmosphere, wine, cheese, and occasional other goodies, not to forget music as well!!

JDP

7. Re: where is the best place to stay and eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:41