We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontenac Tour

New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Frontenac Tour

Are there tours at the chateaux? Would love to see some of the inside and was wondering if there was a tour and if it was worth it? Any details are much appreciated!

Services Touristiques Feuille d'Erable
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tours Accolade
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Tours Voir Quebec
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Atelier\/Excursion Photo Ile d'Orleans
Photography Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontenac Tour

There is. The tour guides dress up in period costumes and it is very informative. It is very easy to register for when you are there.

JDP

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontenac Tour

Sorry but tours have been cancelled as of last summer. Seems that there was too much complains by residents feeling "invaded".

But you can still walk through the public facilities on the ground and terrace floors, have a drink at Bar Saint-Laurent or have a meal at one of the restaurants if you want. You could even try to venture on your own to find the swimming pool if you want and stay discreet.

I had known that for some time and planned to post the information on the forums but then totally forgot about it. Well done now!

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frontenac Tour

Thanks for the update rick. I've never taken the tour but of course have stayed there many times and while I saw a few groups of people here and there on the tour, I only saw them in the lobby, never up stairs, and never felt invaded. That's too bad, especially for people not staying there.

Rick is right. The lobby itself has plenty of history and a drink in the St. Laurant Bar would certainly add to that experience.

JDP

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frontenac Tour

I wouldn't try to find the pool on your own, firstly the door to it is locked and you need a room key to get in and secondly that is exactly why guests get bothered as the pool is by their rooms.

Shame about the tour being cancelled. My brother andhubby did it a few years back and said it was very well done, it didn't go near the rooms, but I can see how the pack of tourists being led around could feel a bit much.

You can see much of the public areas of the hotel with a little wandering. It can be busy in the lobby, but it is a hotel afterall. The halls around the rooms are very, very quiet.

Edited: 06 July 2012, 14:44
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,664 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frontenac Tour

Well it has been a few years since I last stayed at the Frontenac and then didn't notice any carded access to the pool but yes it makes sense Bog. From what I remember from the tour the only add ons to the public spaces on the main floor was a look at the ballroom and the large banquet room and a short stroll through the floor where Princess Grace and other luminaries stayed, not peeping into the rooms unless not rented + said seimming pool area.

Mentioned in this post
Frontenac
Frontenac
Quebec, Canada
6. Re: Frontenac Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 10:17