We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river cruise for Image Mill

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
112 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
river cruise for Image Mill

We are thinking of taking in the crosiers river cruise to see the Image Mill. It is $90 for cruise and dinner. The menu looks agreeable. My questions are: (1) Is the food of decent quality? (2) Is the view of the Image Mill as good or better than from the riverside?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,897 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river cruise for Image Mill

I haven't done it but this is only my educated guess. Image Mill is beter seen from a distance as the grain silos that act as the "screen" are 600 meters long. also no special paint or sandblasting of the silos has been done for this projection so the "warts" of the silos might be more apparent from closer by. Have you watched the small official video clips? Anyways here's the link: lacaserne.net/index2.php/other_projects/ I am sure that they will help you decide.

Personally with many nights in Québec City I would spend the $90 on a very good restaurant one night, attend the Image Mill from the official (free) viewing plaza another night and on a third night take the ferry to Lévis around sunset and wait to take a ferry back once the Image Mill projection will have started

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river cruise for Image Mill

thanks mikeinmystic and rickb! i was going to ask this question myself and the feedback has me re-thinking our river cruise plan.

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
112 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river cruise for Image Mill

We are not going to do the river cruise. It sounds like you don't necessarily get ether views and I wonder how good the food can be on a little river boat. Our trip is a lot about the food.

4. Re: river cruise for Image Mill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:16