We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Montreal to the Charlevoix

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Montreal to the Charlevoix

First time driving in Canada, we're planning to drive from Montreal, take two days in QC, then drive up to the Charlevoix region.

I'm reading different reports about how long the drive will take but around 3 hours seems to be the average for Montreal to QC. How long would it then take from QC to La Malbaie?

Are there plenty of service areas (rest stops) along Highway 40? How about the road between QC and La Malbaie?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,735 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Montreal to the Charlevoix

You will find a fair number of service centers along aut. 40.

You can get a very good estimate of driving time using google maps. You can also estimate the difference in driving time in using alternative more scenic routes. You just drag the line of the itinerary.

You can then print this map for your trip.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Montreal to the Charlevoix

QC to La Malbaie really doesn't have rest stops. It is hilly ride, often 2 lane, though passing lanes do appear. The drive itself takes about an hour and a half.

JDP

Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Montreal to the Charlevoix

Thank you very much both!

Flying to Montreal on Thursday. It's about 8 years since I was last in Canada, and this is my first time to this region, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

4. Re: Driving from Montreal to the Charlevoix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:19