We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

MISSISSAUGA
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

My husband and I are going to Quebec City from Toronto for 4 nights at the end of May 2013 to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. I have never been to Quebec City, and my husband was there over 20 years ago. We could like to stay somewhere close to Old Quebec City as we will not have a car so will be walking everywhere. Had thought about Chateau Frontenac but now see there are many smaller boutique type hotels that look nice as well. We would like to pay less than $200/night but are looking for something cozy and romantic....suggestions ??

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

While I love the Frontenac, we also love Auberge Place d'Armes, located a block from the Chateau in a very old building. Very romantic. We stayed in the Marie Antoinette suite and loved it. Great resaurant also.

JDP

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
594 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Hotel Germain dominion is great. Boutique hotel, nice location, parking great breakfast , very romantic

http://www.germaindominion.com/en/home

MISSISSAUGA
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Thanks JDP...while looking around Tripadvisor....that was one of the ones I was looking at and it does look very nice. My only concern was that in some of the pictures it shows a small room with a bed and it looks like the bathroom sick and stuff is right in the same room as the bed? So I'm not sure which "category" this room would be. There are deluxe, superior, junior suite, and standard double. I can't tell. Do you know which room your category was?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Ours was either a superior or junior suite, I can't recall, but it was the Marie Antoinette suite. Maybe you can look for it under that name. It wasn't a suite in the conventional sense as much as a very large room, with a seperate bathroom. There was a door from Versailles from that time time in the room which is why it is called the Marie Anmtoinette suite. Located on the second floor as well facing the Frontenac.

JDP

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Do you want a shower or a jacuzzi bath

MISSISSAUGA
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Probably a shower but either are ok

MISSISSAUGA
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Probably a shower but either are

Edited: 30 January 2013, 21:23
northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Hi Sue,

From reading your post I think the Germain-Dominion would be a great choice. It is in an excellent location just literally steps from all kinds of restaurants, boutiques and art galleries. And you can walk to many other places from the hotel. It is such a lovely hotel with lots of charm and character. There is a sitting area in the lobby with a fireplace where you can have a drink or coffee while relaxing. The beds are super comfty, probably the best hotel bed I have ever slept on. The staff is amazing and pretty much everything about this hotel is wonderful. It is my favourite hotel in Quebec City so I am a bit partial to the Germain. You can read other traveller reviews here and see the photos to see if it is something you would like.

Another hotel to think about is the Auberge Saint Antoine. Located in the same general area as the Dominion. It is also lovely ....it's a little more family oriented, so that you know.

And another boutique hotel you could check out is the Hotel 71. You really can't go wrong with any of the above places.

Generally speaking you couldn't have chosen a better place to go for your anniversary. Quebec City is truly a very special and memorable city.

Best wishes.

Edited: 31 January 2013, 13:50
whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

The Marie-Antoinette is a suite with a spa shower. Can also look at deluxe no 4 or 21 with jacuzzi tub and shower or superior no 6 so romantic.... I love this hotel with walls that go back to 1730 and moderrn amenities. Great cook to order breakfast.

MISSISSAUGA
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Suggestion for Anniversary Trip

Thanks everyone for the fantastic suggestions. I have my work cut out for me. Looking so forward to May!