We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good food in Old Quebec

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Good food in Old Quebec

We will be staying at Hotel Champlain in Old Quebec next week and would like suggestions of great restaurants in the area. We are not seafood lovers, but enjoy a great steak, chateaubriand and pasta. We also love to enjoy a good bottle of red wine with our meals. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We had the chance to have a great chateaubriand at Cafe de Paris last year, but would love to try something else.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good food in Old Quebec

Those two recent threads will give you all the information you need. Note that Charbon, mentioned below is a steak house.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155033-i134-k6513…

tripadvisor.com/…49758864

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good food in Old Quebec

Le Continental on Rue St. Louis maybe old school, but I think it fits your bill.

JDP

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good food in Old Quebec

Hi pathfinder2001.

I agree with Charbon. It is a great restaurant located in the train station. Which in itself it pretty neat as the train station is a really beautiful structure (it's even worth bringing your camera imho) and just across the street there is an amazing fountain which looks spectacular at night. Getting back to the restaurant - try and ask for a table on the main floor, although there is nothing at all wrong with the upstairs, the ambience on the main floor is more interesting. You can pick your own steak if you want from the showcase and if you are really fortunate you might get seated near the grill, where some of the steaks are cooked. As well as their steaks their ribs are awesome too. You can't go wrong at Charbon, personally I find it is the best place to get a steak in Quebec City.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

4. Re: Good food in Old Quebec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18