We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

Hi everyone. My wife and I are surprising a family member with a flight to Quebec City (with Porter Airlines out of Toronto) in the third week of July. We would like to set them up for 3 nights. They would fly out Monday July 22 and fly home Thursday July 25th.

Ultimately it would be great to put them into the Chateau Frontenac but it's out of our budget. Can anyone recommend a nice auberge in the vicinity of the CF. This is a solo traveller so the size of the room doesn't matter....as long as it's nice and clean. The person will be doing everything on foot so we'd like the location to be somewhere in the old part of town.

If someone could offer up any suggestions it would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

It is not the Chateau but a so beautiful little Auberge just in front of the Chateau !

www.aubergeplacedarmes.com, full american breakfast included in their rate, very good service and old Quebec charm .

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g155033-d518476-…

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

Hi again. Thanks whitestone. I called the "Auberge Place Darmes" which looked spectacular but it was a little pricey. The gentleman working there recommended their sister hotel called "Le Champlain Hotel" on Ste Anne. I checked tripadvisor and it looked very nice too so I ended up booking that one at a much better rate than the Auberge Place Darmes.

Does anyone know if I did the right thing by booking the "Le Champlain Hotel". Tripadvisor gives it very good ratings. I guess all I'm looking for is some reassurance that I picked a nice hotel .....lol. I know the location is very good.

Thanks.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

I have stayed at Le Champlain and I think it is fabulous. Lovely little boutique hotel that is recently done, clean and with a lot of character. Nice breakfast served daily and free WIFI. The location is excellent and walking to everything. You certainly will not regret that choice. I remember the staff being very helpful. They also had a coffee machine in the small lobby for guests to help themselves during the day.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

Great!! Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

Great you will love it also they are great !

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

Thank you very much Whitestone. I couldn't have done it without you!!!

8. Re: A recommendation for an auberge near the Chateau Frontenac?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:19