We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clubs with live music

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Clubs with live music

We'll be in QC Aug 3 for a few nights, staying at the Hotel Clarendon at 57 Rue Sainte-Anne . Any clubs in the vicinity with live music -- jazz, standards or possibly folk? Not rock

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,670 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clubs with live music

Too bad really as the Claedon used to have it's own jazz bar with many shows a week. But I understand they were stopped a year or so ago.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clubs with live music

We stayed at the Clarendon in June. My understanding is that the live music is back at the C. It wasn't happening when we were there because of a holiday. But there are two other resources at that hotel. One is the concierge. The other is a little weekly sheet at the concierge desk that lists all the live music. Hope this helps.

Quebec City
Level Contributor
619 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clubs with live music

Try contacting the Clarendon directly (or ask the concierge upon arrival.) Their website (www.hotelclarendon.com/restaurant-bar.php…) has a schedule for June on the French page, and only May on the English page. It might simply not have been updated properly.

You can also check the Pub St-Alexandre (http://www.pubstalexandre.com/) They have Blues on Saturdays (Unfortunately, no Jazz while you're here).

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clubs with live music

Thanks to all. I didn't even realize the Clarnedon has a jazz bar but will check when I get there what, if anything, is happening in August

Pub St. Alexandre looks great but their schedule and ours probably won't work. Alas.

5. Re: Clubs with live music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17