We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel dilemma.....

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
385 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
hotel dilemma.....

Hello so here is my dilemma..currently I 2 reservations booked at the Fairmont (2 rooms) & Saint Antoine ( suite) travelling with my husband & 2 teens over NYE. I would perfer to be able to watch the fireworks from the hotel however I don"t think that is possible from S/Antoine. Fairmont seem's to be closer to view the fireworks although I have heard the the Fairmont has a "roof top garden"? any suggestions for best viewing...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel dilemma.....

Have you called the Saint-Antoine to ask if seeing the fireworks is possible??

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel dilemma.....

Well zilch at Saint-Antoine, it is in Lower Town and the fireworks are in Upper Town and a wee bit removed from intramuros, on Grande Allée where they happens.

You can see on the pictures that the Château Frontenac has a lots of nooks and crannies so not all rooms are created with the same views. Usually the River View rooms commands a premium but for the fireworks you will need to be facing the opposite side. Best bet is to call at the Château and ask the concierge to assist you.

The roof garden is used by the hotel kitchen in fair weather times but is not accessible to visitors and, well of course, it will be blanketed in snow at this time of the year.

3. Re: hotel dilemma.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:18