We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

Bradford
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

Me and my husband are looking to stay in Quebec for a weekend in June. We are planning on staying Friday the 13th to sunday the 15th of June 2014. My husband has never been and I want to show him what a beautiful place this is. I haven't been since my high school grad trip, which was so long ago. But I never forgot the beauty. We live around Toronto so its going to be about a 8 hour drive.

Now we want to stay right in the thick of things, somewhere where we don't have to drive. We would like to just park the car for the weekend. We are mainly going for the sites and food, were not much into the night life and partying. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible as we are saving to buy our first house. I was only really looking at hotels before but I've been seeing some beautiful bed and breakfasts lately on the net. I love the old Victoria looking buildings and staying in a bed and breakfast like that would really feel like your in Quebec. I never liked the whole comfort inn/holiday inn hotel look, once your inside the walls of the hotel I could just as easily be in Toronto, if u know what I mean.

Anyways, im hoping some people have some suggestions for us as to where to stay. Maybe some insights as most of the good places never show up on google maps. Thanks all

quebec city
Level Contributor
360 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

Here's a link for you to explore. You understand June is a very buse month for tourism so finding something conveniently located and cheap could be hard to find. Auberge Aux Deux Lions could be a good guess not too far from Old Québec and the best bus service in town if you need to take it. So would Manoir D'Auteuil Inside the walls and Bed and Breakfast de la Tour on Louis St-Laurent avenue. Hope it helps! If you have more specific questions do not hesitate to ask.

I would suggest you scroll down to get to regular listings on the list.

bbcanada.com/quebec/…quebec_city

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

I was going to sugest that you fly instead of driving to avoid 16 hours ... and enjoy Québec a little longer. Porter Airlines fly to Québec from TO in 1 1/2 hour and have a sale...

https:/…

Edited: 18 February 2014, 22:01
Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

Here is BBCanada listings for Quebec City :

bbcanada.com/quebec/…quebec_city

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

NB - the link in post 3 is the same as link in post 1.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

The cheapest B&B I know of, extremely well located and with character, is B&B Chez Hubert. Under $100 a night with the rare bonus of included parking.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155033-d640357…

Au Petit Hotel is also cheap and well located tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g155033-d183300-…

I do not know how cheap you want it to be, but if you would like to spoil your husband (and yourself!) with decadent breakfasts, different every morning, you would enjoy J.A. Moisan, just above the grocery store by the same name, the oldest grocery store still in operation in N.America. Small bedrooms, great hospitality, located within 10 minutes walk of the western wall of the Old Town tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155033-d663101…

Based on location exclusively, I made up a list of accomodations inside the walls, or near it, in this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155033-i134-k6257… . No need to drive to/from any of it.

Bradford
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

Thanks all for the replys! Ill be sure to check them all out today. I think we are going to go the Bed and Breakfast route. Maybe spend a bit more but its worth it for the atmosphere and the breakfast!

Bradford
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

I know June would be a little more expensive to visit cause its summer. I was trying to find all over the internet what summer months are cheaper but couldn't find anything. I would think July and August would be the most expensive cause the weather is nicer. We certainly want to go when its nice and hot out but not too hot. Also that weekend is my hubby's birthday weekend

8. Re: Downtown Quebec City Hotel or Bed and Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18