We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebec City...young women this weekend.

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Quebec City...young women this weekend.

Myself and two girlfriends are heading to Quebec City this weekend (we're in our late 20s/early 30s) and will be staying in Old Quebec. We arrive Friday and depart Monday. Thought I'd seek some advice here.

I've done some research and thought we'd spend Fri/Sat around the neighbourhoods and sights, such as Quartier du Petit Champlain, La Citadelle Quebec, Plains of Abrahim, Cathedral Basilica of Notre Dame, Chateau Frontenac... Do you think one day to explore the area is enough or two?

Then thought we'd check out Montmorency Falls Park one day. Curious to know...is it worthwhile to go to Ile d'Orleans? I was thinking to do both on the same day but we won't be driving so would have to find a means of transportation. Any advice?

Any other suggestions? We like wine and good food...which I assume it everywhere.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quebec City...young women this weekend.

If you had your own car then the falls and Ile d'Orleans are definitely worth doing. The falls I believe you can reach by public transportation, or even by biking, but for the island you would need a cab or hire a driver. That would run up your expense.

For a couple of great spots to visit in Lower Towen, try Le Pape Georges, a wine and cheese place with some nightly entertainment also.It is located around the corner from Petit Champlain.

For an interesting pub, try L'Oncle Antoines, located just a few short blocks away. Good beer selection and terrific french onion soup. Located in a very old building.

JDP

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quebec City...young women this weekend.

Thanks for the recommendations and advice! Noted both spots!

I'd consider renting a car for the falls and Ile d'Orleans. Hm. I'll see what the rest of my group says, thanks again!

3. Re: Quebec City...young women this weekend.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:17