We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wildlife tour near QC?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phila., PA
Level Contributor
316 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
wildlife tour near QC?

I'm looking for a tour or good place to view wildlife within a 2-3 hour drive from Quebec City in July - any suggestions? We will be taking a whale cruise out of Tadoussac, and would love to pair with some other criter activity other than a zoo. I am aware of the drive thru safari near the fjord, but was hoping for some more natural setting. Moose/bird/seal/etc. for a daddy-daughter trip with my 14yo.

Thanks in advance!

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

Are you aware of the St-Félicien zoo.... It is not your typical zoo..

http://zoosauvage.org/en/

Montreal
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

Hi,

Have a look at Parc de la Jacques-Cartier (http://www.sepaq.com/pq/jac/?language_id=1) they used to offer guided tour to see moose, but I don't find anything on their web site this year. You can contact them for info or just go hike by yourself. Moose are more active in the morning and on the evening.

Have a good trip

Steph

Phila., PA
Level Contributor
316 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

I have looked at Jacques-Cartier Park, but did not see that tour. Will look again, and also see if there are any local tour providers. Thanks!

Edited: 26 June 2014, 16:24
Rimouski (Québec)
Level Contributor
356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

Half way between Quebec City and Tadoussac you may visit the Parc national de la Riviere Malbaie:

www.sepaq.com/pq/grj/decouvrir/index.dot…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

I believe Taudoussac has a bear watching tour. check out their tourism web site or ask the hotel.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

Also, be sure to ride the zodiac for the best whale watching experience

Phila., PA
Level Contributor
316 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

Thanks will look for the bear tour - exactly what I am looking for!

Thanks also for the ref to the Parc cnational de la Riviere Malbaie - did not see that one.

8. Re: wildlife tour near QC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16