We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Wear in Quebec City in July

Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What to Wear in Quebec City in July

What is the typical dress for Quebec City? We plan to walk everywhere, ride bikes, and hike.

Thanks,

Jet67

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,350 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

Not sure where you are from, but typically the town is filled with tourists so anything goes.

Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

So it is less cosmopolitan than Montreal?

Edited: 04 July 2014, 15:52
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,350 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

No, but Montreal is filled with people wearing all sorts of clothes. I know many guide books say that Montreal locals dress beautifully all the time, but walking downtown it sure doesn't look like that.

Before I moved to Quebec I would read books telling me how stylish Montrealers are/are, and some of them are. But honestly you see all sorts of fashions on the streets.

Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

Thank you! We live close to Montreal and the people, I see there always look stylish so I was wondering about the norm for Quebec City locals. I appreciate your help.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

There is no norm per se in Québec City - as bogwoppit wrote pretty much anything goes. Except long jogging pants and tops (leisure clothing often seen in other provinces or south of the border!). Dress appropriately to be comfy in the heat as we all do and you will be fine.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,076 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

Except long jogging pants and tops (leisure clothing often seen in other provinces or south of the border!).

Yeah, sorry ... I've seen lots of that in Quebec ... no different than any other province.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,350 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

Me too, leggings, hoodies and sweats seem to be perfectly fine here. Lululemon rules it seems.

If you live near Montreal, dress as you normally would and you will look dressier than most of the tourists.

Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

Thanks to everyone, you've been helpful.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

Yes, qc city is less cosmopolitan than Montreal: the greater Montreal's population is 4 million and probably is the multiethnic city in canada after Toronto.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to Wear in Quebec City in July

phpr and bogwoppit

I have never seen it around here!