We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

QC Bakeries

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
QC Bakeries

Any suggestions on a great QC bakery. I want to buy my friends some off the hook cinnamon rolls.

We vacationed in Montreal a few years ago and they fell in love with the cinnamon rolls at a bakery close to the Delta Hotel in downtown Montreal. Any suggestions appreciated.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: QC Bakeries

This is not a specialty here... We have a chain...St-Cinnamon with good stuff..... http://www.saintcinnamon.com/locations.html

There is one at Place Laurier.... if it's what you are looking for.

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: QC Bakeries

Josee, I was hoping to find a non chain type bakery. I am not much of a fan of the large chains, but I do appreciate your input and will keep it just in case. Thanks.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: QC Bakeries

You should give us the name of the bakery... as I said.... cinnamon rolls are NOT a local goody... It"s more an americain thing.... Never heard of a local bakery that made those...

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: QC Bakeries

Josee, I do not remember the name of the bakery since it has been years ago. The bakery we bought the rolls from was in Montreal otherwise I would go back there.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: QC Bakeries

The only one i can think of is La Boule Miche they do have cinnamon buns although I never tried them, as mentioned it is not a mainstream favorite in Quebec City. But they are an artisanal bakery

laboulemiche.com/boulangerie/viennoiseries/

Site seems to be French only but the address is easy to find...

Greenville, NC
Level Contributor
112 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: QC Bakeries

Thanks anectine. If they taste as good as they look on the web page they will be a hit.

How close is this store to QC?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: QC Bakeries

http://goo.gl/maps/LAtrE

You can put in the address of where you are staying and get direction.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,171 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: QC Bakeries

Funny I had a conversation about cinnamon rolls with a baker just a few days ago. Anyways this is a place near Mont-Tremblant, not Québec City!

What you will find more easily are roulades aux raisins. You will probably find some at Paillard. This French classic is made with croissant dough rolled over a smear of custard, sugar and raisins, sometimes even currants but "sans" cinnamon!

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: QC Bakeries

La Boule Miche is in St Sacrement neighbourhood of Quebec city. If you are staying in old city it is a 5 to 10 min drive on Chemin ste foy which is the same street as st jean street as it changes name outside of the old city. By bus it is number 700 from old town. There is also a nice French restaurant about 50 feet from the bakery the name is La Girolle and you bring your wine.

10. Re: QC Bakeries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:16