We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebec City Wedding

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Quebec City Wedding

Hey there! We are looking to have a wedding at the end of May in Quebec City (2015). It will not be large....around 120 people, but we are looking for a neat wedding venue that is in or near old Quebec. I don't want to do it at the chateau and would prefer something really neat/different. My fear is renting a place and it being too big. I want it to be a good space with enough area for a dance floor and all of that......but not too large to where it looks kind of empty. It's just tough to look at everything since there is a language barrier- not to mention that we live in Memphis. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Quebec Inn
Hotel Quebec Inn
237 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quebec City Wedding

I suggest calling a local wedding planner who could help with all the local vendors...in French.

I would suggest to get some information about the laws ... of marriages that could be different than in the US .... for example, women do not change their names here upon getting married. It's the law. (I don't know if it would be a concern to you.)

Edited: 03 September 2014, 23:06
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quebec City Wedding

Here is a link to our marriage law: …gouv.qc.ca/english/…maria-a.htm

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quebec City Wedding

I agree that you need the help of a local wedding planner, between the distance and the language differences you will need someone to deal with the legwork.

A good planner will have a list of venues that could work for your group. By the way 120 is not considered a small wedding here, 120 is actually quite large.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quebec City Wedding

The wedding planner is a great idea. I'm curious though, why not the Chateau? Price? The Hilton I'm sure could do it, as could Loew's. One thought is the Auberge St. Antoine, though I don't know if they have any rooms for it but I would check it out.

JDP

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quebec City Wedding

I just checked. The Saint Antoine does do weddings. Go to www.saint-antoine.com and contact them for more details.

Congrats and good luck!!

JDP

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Quebec City Wedding

Awesome- I've seen you post here before and you are great. Why not the Chateau? Price is not really the deal breaker, I just wanted something a little less "traditional Quebec City wedding". It's an amazing place and I have nothing against it, I just wanted to take advantage of a place that was not as well known. It also helps that most other venues will allow you to bring other vendors in.

JDP- maybe you should be my wedding planner

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quebec City Wedding

Oh my god, I'm having a hard enough time with my own marriage, 28 years now, LOL, but thanks for the kind words.

Sounds like you've been to Quebec City before so you'll know where to have your pictures taken outdoors, etc. As for the Saint Antoine, I think it is perhaps more well known in Quebec City than outside of the province. Also, it is in Lower Town which is a little less noisey and congested once you get away from Petit Champlain. It is a member of Relais & Chateau group which is top notch. The food will also be great. Not sure if it has the rooms for all 120 guests, but there are other hotels close by. Again, check them out and let me know what they say.

All the regualr posters here have great knowledge of the area and maybe together we can help be your wedding planner. Hopefully Eirelover who lives in the area has a few thoughts, as well as whitestoneny who has a relative who works in the hotel industry in the area. If we don't hear from them let me know and maybe we can send them a pm.

JDP

Mentioned in this post
Champlain
Champlain
455 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Quebec City Wedding

Ha, that is great!

I do know the area decently well (my parents were born there and I have visited about once a year since being a little fella). I absolutely love the city but, like you said, don't know it as well as I'd like.

I'll let you know what I find out as I go, everyone that I have talked to has been super friendly and helpful.

Thanks again for going out of your way to throw some ideas out! Keep em coming

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quebec City Wedding

…quebecregion.com/fr/…trouver-une-salle

Check out this list. Some interesting places on it. The Manoir Montmorency would give a killer backdrop for a wedding.

Also remember in Quebec you can get married anywhere you want to, and anyone you know can perform the ceremony if you would like things to be a little more personal.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Quebec Inn
Hotel Quebec Inn
237 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Le Manoir Montmorency
Le Manoir Montmorency
193 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quebec City Wedding

You are very welcome.

I don't think you said what time of year you are getting married. My only other truly unique thought is getting married on Ile d'Orleans. As beautiful a spot as you can find. La Goeliche is a great little inn, though you'd probably be renting the whole place for the wedding , unless you moved the reception somewhere else. Just a thought. I'll Google weddings on Ile d'Orleans and see what I find.

JDP

Mentioned in this post
La Goeliche
La Goeliche
83 Reviews
Ile d'Orleans, Canada