We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

Which Tadoussac hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auburn, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

We will be staying in Quebec city and then driving east to see the sights and the whales. I thought about staying at L Malbaie Auberge d' Falaises the first night (Sataruday June 20th) after stopping at the falls, the church, and the little towns along the way. Then, on Sunday I thought we might drive up to Tadoussac to see the whales and stay somewhere up there (notHotel Tadoussac after reading Hripadvisor reviews. Then Mopnday we would drive all the way back to the Eastern Townships.

Question 1... does this sound like a worthwhile plan?

Question 2..where should I stay in Tadoussac on a Sunday night?

thanks, ter from California

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
880 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

Yes, Tadoussac if very worthwhile for whales and you are right, the Hotel Tadoussac is not worth it. A really nice B&B is La Maison Harvey Lessard - super view, great folks, excellent breakfast---almost too much if you just want to get up and get going. It's also noisy up the hill from the ferry across the Saguenay. We usually stay at a simple, in-town lodging, Maison Clauphi. They offer B&B option with shared baths or (what we use most) studios with private bath and kitchen.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

Very feasible and worthwile plan. Don't forget to stop a bit in the quaint Baie-St-Paul : ) Many art galleries for such a small place, a decent pub/microbrewery (next door from Auberge La Muse), and 'Chez Urbain', on the main street (old general merchant), has treasures ... The small 'Musée de Charlevoix' (http://museedecharlevoix.qc.ca), near La Malbaie, is worth a visit; you might look for it a bit, as it is not very obvious from the road, but it's at water level.

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

Thanks for your responses. I have tentatively planned now to stay in Baie ST Paul for Sat/Sun nights with a drive to Tadoussac/whales for the whole day on Sunday. I found a B&B on the net called Gite Au Perchoir (very near Baie St Paul). They have rooms that overlook the river, but require two nights. So I have reserved there. I appreciate your feedback.

canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

Hi Teri Jean ,

how was your stay at Au Perchoir near Baie St Paul,

I was planning on staying there, is the view really that nice?

Priscilla

Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

Updates please!

6. Re: two nights along the northshore of St Lawrence??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 06:28