We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
514 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

Hi, We are going to a wedding in Carrot River in mid-July and staying for four nights. We will need to be in Carrot River everyday for various festivities, so the closer the better. We found a hotel in Carrot River. Does anyone know anything about it? It seems like Nipawin is about 40 minutes away. Can anyone recommend a place to stay there? Or a good place to stay that is closer than Nipawin? Thanks!!!

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

If you're still looking for a place to stay, the Tobin Lake resort is very nice! It's right on the lake, so I'm not sure if you'll have time to enjoy that part, but just in case it interests you, here is the link to their website:

http://www.tobinlakeresort.com/main.htm

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

Tobin Lake is more than twice as far from CR as Nipawin - about an hour's drive. My sister lives in Carrot River- I will email her and ask her for some advice, and get back to you.

Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
514 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

Camping Girl - that would be great - I really appreciate it. Travel4Fun - thanks for the tip about Tobin Lake resort; I'll keep that in my back pocket in case we cannot find anything closer.

Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
514 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

Camping Girl - That would be great - I really appreciate it. Travel4Fun - I'll keep that one in my back pocket in case I can't find anything much closer.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
90 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

Pleanty of places to stay in Nipawin, you would probably find Northern Greens, Tobin Lake Lodge or Kingfisher Inn quite satisfactory. I have stayed in the latter two places and will be staying at Northern Greens in June.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

lol, Frostback, I finally heard back from my sister today, and she also recommended Northern Greens in Nipawin. She said you *definitely* do not want to stay in Carrot River!! (That was what my own memory was telling me, but it has been a few years since I have been back to CR for a visit, so I wasn't sure.)

7. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 April 2012, 15:35
8. Re: Looking for a place to stay near Carrot River/Nipawin, SK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:18