We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corner Gas

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
52 posts
379 reviews
Save Topic
Corner Gas

I'm from America and addicted to the show Corner Gas. We'd like to come visit where the show took place and I see that in the past that April 12th has been "Corner Gas" day in Rouleau, SK. Is this still planned to go on in 2013? Are the buildings and everything still there?

Appreciate people's answers in advance!!

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corner Gas

Before I even start, I can't give you a complete answer. Hopefully someone else knows for sure, but I'm a Regina ex-pat, so I know some things. Most of the show was filmed in Regina on a soundstage (all the interior scenes). The town of Dog River was indeed Roleau, 30 minutes or so south of the city. I believe that the gas station and diner were the only buildings built for the show. From what I remember, the buildings fell into neglect after the show, but they may have recently been renovated and even reopened as a diner. That's the part I'm not sure about. I know there was talk about it, but I don't know if it happened or succeeded.

I wasn't initially going to respond because I didn't have good information, but then I had a thought. Why not keep an eye on Brent Butt's touring schedule and wait until he does a show in Regina? You could insure yourself against any disappointment with what's left of the show's set. Certain buildings like the police station and the Leroy's house are bound to be there, but there may not be much else. But seeing the show's creator do a stand up set in his home province may make the trip a truly memorable experience.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Corner Gas

Have you seen this web site? Doesn't answer all your questions, but it's a start: cornergassouvenirstore.com/index.php…

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corner Gas

I amsure that characters from Roleau would answer your questions, especially if you are bringing your tourism dollars. Might be worthwhile to shoot an email in that direction and see what somebody has to say

http://www.townofrouleau.com/

Revelstoke, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corner Gas

was there yesterday a complete waste of time just a shell of a gas station

no facilities either eating or restrooms. overpriced cheap souvenirs.\\

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corner Gas

taking the wife and kids. traveling to London,ontario and on the way back we are going

to corner gas. youngest childs first words where jack a#s

6. Re: Corner Gas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2015, 15:16