We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Regina

Which Regina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SYDNEY
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers from Regina

We are travelling to either Regina or Winnipeg airport in lateJanuary and were wondering what options we have for transfers to the township of Russell Manitoba and approx distance.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from Regina

Hi bill43;

Russell is;

approx. 160 miles / 257 km from Regina

approx. 217 miles / 350 km from Winnipeg

Best Regards

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
90 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from Regina

I think the only options would be car rental or bus. Although it is closer to Regina, the bus connections are better out of Winnipeg. Check Greyhound.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,966 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers from Regina

As noted car rental or bus (Greyhound) are your main two options. Russell is pretty much halfway, maybe twenty or thirty minutes closer to Regina by car. The bus ride is much shorter out of Winnipeg, and you don't arrive in the middle of the night. Either way you are traveling on secondary or main highways so no back road adventures to worry about.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers from Regina

Is it true Greyhound have recently stopped the service to Russell and if not how often would the service run. Any information would be greatly appreciated. We are from Australia and the thought of driving a hire car in winter in Canada is quite daunting.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
90 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers from Regina

I have tried to check for you, and do not get a human voice, but I understand that Greyhound has not suspended its service in Manitoba at this time. It appears that the bus connection for Russell is daily at 19:30. You can search at www.greyhound.ca, telephone 204-949-7330.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,966 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers from Regina

Route is still on the Greyhound website so I'm assuming you're fine taking the bus. The only concern would be your arrival time in the small town of Russell since I doubt there will be much of anything open late at night. From Regina the bus arrives at 3:30AM, from Winnipeg shortly after midnight, maybe 12:40AM?

Depends what you're doing on arrival... but taking the bus from Winnipeg would be preferable, unless you wanted to sleep on the bus and had somewhere to stay on arrival.

PS: We just call them towns not townships which bound to get a funny look or two. ;)

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers from Regina

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like the Greyhound bus service or a limousine transfer service are the main options. Regards and looking forward to our visit.

Regina
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers from Regina

Greyhound is your best bet, but you can also take a look at other transportation methods in Regina, Saskatchewan here http://regina.com/business/transportation/

9. Re: Transfers from Regina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 06:16