We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Regina

Which Regina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Regina

I will be in Regina in August for one week. I am staying at the Holiday Inn on Albert Street and will have a rental car. I am looking for unique shops that aren't chain stores. Any suggestions?

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,257 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Regina

Hi Gail

I am not a shopper myself, but I can give you what I know.

Closest concentration of shopping to your location will be the Southland Mall. Not really too much in the way of unique, but I think it is well worth looking as it is located basically across Albert St.

I have not been to Cornwall Center for years, but I believe the largest concentration of unique shops (still not many)are still in that general area. Those more experienced will either confirm this, or set me straight. Anyways, Cornwall is located in the 'downtown' area>> http://www.cornwallcentre.ca/stores

reginadowntown.ca/images/pdfs/downtown_regin…

Located south of Cornwall Center there was some oudoor type of shops across the street from the 11th ave entrance. Looks like it is called the FW Hill Mall.

A good concentration of the big box stores is out in East Regina, located south of Victoria Ave/Transcanada 1 hwy as you come into the city.

Another decent mall is the Northgate on the North end of the city. You will not find anything more there than what you will see at Cornwall and Southland.

Unfortunately Regina and Saskatchewan does not have the population to support many modern and unique shops.

In my opinion, the unique shops are still the old businesses that have been family owned mom and pop type of places. There are still a lot of these shops around still making a living despite the competition from big box business. A lot of these shops are located by the downtown, between Dewdney on the North and Victoria Ave on the South, and roughly Albert St on the West and Winnipeg on the East.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 21:24
Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,257 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Regina

regina.ca/residents/…

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Regina

There are a few interesting shops in the Cathedral area along 13th avenue West of Albert St.

Or since you have a rental car... come to Moose Jaw. Our downtown has many independent stores, mostly along Main St.

Are there any particular types of shops you have in mind?

Edited: 04 August 2014, 22:20
4. Re: Shopping in Regina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2017, 19:17