We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capone's Hideaway Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

Saskatoon...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Capone's Hideaway Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

A group of us are planning a trip to Moose Jaw. We have booked rooms at Capone's Hideaway. Has anybody stayed there?? What were they like?? They are pretty inexpensive so I am just wondering if anybody had some comments?

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capone's Hideaway Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

I have never stayed at the Capone's Hideaway but to me it looks like a bit of a hole. Moose jaw is an amazing city but it can be a bit on the rough side. The Motel is right downtown which is great for location but Moose Jaw is pretty small so anywhere is really fine. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Moose Jaw and it was excellent. It was just off main street but also near the Trans-Canada. Don't talk my word because I have never stayed at Capone's Hideaway I just remember thinking that it looked like kind of a hole.

Moose Jaw is a pretty amazing City. The tunnels are the best part they are world class!!

Anyway again don't take my word for it, but to me it just does not look very nice.

Enjoy your trip!!

Sincerly, Barkley

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Capone's Hideaway Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

I am originally from Moose Jaw. Capone's Hideaway relies heavily on the "Al Capone Gimmick" to draw tourists in. We used to have motel parties there in high school. The rooms are not that nice, however if you got a great deal and that is important to you, then it should be fine.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capone's Hideaway Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

When you arrive, just ask to see the room. If you don't like it, move over the the Comfort Inn or the Super 8. I have found that most Super 8 motels are all very similar, but I'm not sure on the difference in price.

Make sure you write a hotel review when you get back!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capone's Hideaway Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

We walked past the outside and it didn't look particularly special. Great location though, close the the Tunnels and the fabulously done liquor store in the old train station.

Get answers to your questions about Saskatoon