We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0379-227e-e4c2

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

Great pictures, Places !.......Good idea to post it on the Yukon forum, as well as the Alaska Forum........

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

Hi Places,

Welcome BACK to the YUKON TRAVEL FORUM

Fabulous Photo Slideshow... TRIPWOW (TA's Sister Website) sure is a cool way to tell a story !!

Hope though that you'll also share a wee Trip Report with here on the FORUM would love to hear your impressions of The Yukon... and what all you did while you were visiting ... would no doubt go hand-in-hand nicely with the video slideshow and probably go a long way to inspiring others who may be planning their own vacations.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

Thanks Mombear and Wine.

I’m a very private person and usually don’t write trip reports. Besides writing one on YT would be almost impossible task. We already drove four times through YT mostly along Alaska and Haines Highways so our visits include many areas and activities but let me emphasize we love YT with its wildflowers, wildlife, hiking trails, scenery.

We travel two Alaska almost annually since 1994 but only in 2008 we took the first road trip by taking the ferry from Bellingham and then returning along the Alaska Highway all the way to the mile 0 in Dawson Creek, BC. Since that first road trip we cannot imagine going any other way since we are fortunate enough to be able to spend 2-3 months in AK each time. Every time while traveling north or back south we tried to find places to hike and this last year, thanks to mombear, I hiked on a beautiful trail along Haines Highway where wildflowers were abundant. However, I would need to check a map because maybe the trail was in BC and not YT.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

Thank you so much for posting your photographs. We are visiting the area next year and your pictures (and music) set my heart racing! Can't wait to actually be there too.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

PamjoHertfordshire, you're very kind. Thank you for checking out my photos. Are you planning to travel to Denali NP from Yukon? If yes, check out my other slideshow. …tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-035d-9eaa-5832

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

ttt for a poster who asked in PM about traveling to Haines

7. Re: My TripWow slideshow - Haines Highway and Haines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:17