We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Which Whitehorse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
1,121 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

Can I take a car rental from whitehorse into the USA? I would like to see Tombstone Territorial park, can i drive a rental there on dempster hwy.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,303 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Hi OntarioCanuck ~

You can drive a car into the US, if the car rental company permits it and you are returning it to Canada. A one way rental into the US would likely incur a very large drop fee, if allowed at all. Get them to circle the clause in the contract that outlines you are able to take the car across the line. And watch to see if the unlimited km get dropped for per km charges.

Whitehorse
Level Contributor
816 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

Renting in Whitehorse and going to the Tombstone doesn't take you across the border to the USA. ;)

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Some car rental places also don't allow their vehicles to go on roads like the Dempster or Top of the World hwy, so be sure you check!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

Norcan does not allow their rental vehicles on the Dempster Highway,... I just spoke with them today.

5. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 06:17