We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dawson City in October?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Dawson City in October?

We are planning a trip to Yukon and NWT for early October by air, to view the aurora and experience the arctic area a bit. The major stops would be Whitehorse, Dawson City, Inuvik and Yellowknife. While it seems that there are plenty to do in all the other places, it seems we have very limited choices of activities for 2 days in Dawson City without a car... The day trips are either for summer or winter...

Are there any suggestions? Is it a bad idea to go there in October?

Thanks a lot!

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dawson City in October?

Keep checking with Klondike Institute of Arts and Culture ( www.kiac.ca ). They aren't showing anything for October yet, but Dawson has a pretty active arts scene. Neither is the Klondike Visitors Association. Its kind of a sleepy time between the summer stampede and winter fun. The Aurora ought to be pretty good though. I don't see anything on the Tr'ondek Hwech'in site either.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dawson City in October?

Thanks so much. What about day trips etc? I will call to confirm but I assume Husky Bus will not do the Tombstone Park hiking day trip in October? Any other tour guides who might be willing to take us to the top of the world highway or dempster highway for a day trip?

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dawson City in October?

www.huskybus.ca Their published schedule doesn't go beyond September. I kinda knew that 'cause a friend of mine is the Dawson-Whitehorse driver. Next time I see him, I'll ask about other guides. People can be pretty accommodating in the off season, so it wouldn't hurt to ask HB about their day trips. The George Black ferry should still be running, so if you can get a tour you can still get across the river.

4. Re: Dawson City in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:18