We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

Hi all,

My partner and I are planning a week to Whitehorse somewhere during the first week of September. We are hoping to see the northern lights and Glacier bay national park. We will fly to Whitehorse and pick up our RV from there. We have not decided our routes so we are hoping to get some suggestions from anyone who has done similar stuffs before. We also like to know if there is any campsites around Whitehorse which we can have possible views of northern lights (if we are lucky enough). Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

Be sure that you can take your rental to the US, it can change the price charged...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

Hi tdsuperstar

Yes, we did check that out and we need additional charges if we take the RV out to US.

I think we might not take it out to Juneau but looking at Haines instead. We are looking to do Whitehorse > Haines Junction > Haines. Any recommendations?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,108 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

For a starter there is no road link to Juneau - sea or air only.

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
464 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

No road access is needed - you can put an RV on the ferries to both Juneau and Glacier Bay (Gustavus). The OP messaged me, so we're discussing it off the board.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 12:40
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,685 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

That's kind of sad that good information is not going to be available to future RVers when they come upon this thread in their research.

Whitehorse
Level Contributor
864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

You can take a White Pass Yukon Route bus and train excursion to Skagway, overnight there, next day take a day excursion to Juneau with Alaska Fjiordline, overnight in Skagway again, return to Whitehorse the next day

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

The drive to Haines, Alaska is very nice, I've only done it twice but one of my favorite drives.

I've never camped with an RV, so not sure good spots for camping with it. Any place you can get away from the city light a bit and there is a clear night you might see Northern Lights. If it looks like a clear night set alarm and waking up (or just stay up) around 2 am.

trois rivières
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

for one or two night Whitehorse Walmart

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,685 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

I hope the Original Poster had a good time last summer.

10. Re: Whitehorse to Juneau in RV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2016, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Whitehorse