We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donairs and fish 'n' chips...

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Donairs and fish 'n' chips...

Halifax is home, but I've been living away for a decade. I'm coming back in April for 10 days and will be looking for my fix.

Where's the current best donair and fish and chips? Are the same old favourites taking the prize or have new places taken over?

Thanks!

Kaki

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donairs and fish 'n' chips...

In case you are in the Truro area during your 10 days, the best fish n' chips are at Murphy's (www.murphysfishandchips.com). Their fish is always fresh, never frozen, with a light "secret" batter. You never have to ask "Where's the fish?" at Murphy's! Because of the great fish n'chips at Murphy's, I never have this particular dish when in Halifax but will be interested to read about other writers' recommendations in HRM.

2. Re: Donairs and fish 'n' chips...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2013, 10:17