We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could use some advice please...

Halifax, Nova...
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Could use some advice please...

Hi,

I'm 26 years old, just got out of the military to do my own thing civilian wise. I'm currently trying to do my electrical apprenticeship. I won't be working for the next month and half while I wait for my schooling.

My issue is that this winter has hit me hard, I have a severe case of SAD and its really making me depressed. I usually get like this every year and it doesn't help that I'm not even working now a days. I've considered going to the tanning beds but I am not even sure if that'll help me.

I love hiking, snow shoeing and keeping fit but I'm just gaining weight and I'm sure its not helping my cause.

I'd probably start going on some "Halifax Outdoor Adventures" with meetup.com to try to cheer myself up but I currently don't have much money and I'm not very social.

What do I do from here on out to get out of this winter slump?

I can't just stay at home and do nothing all day and be depressed while I wait for school!

Thanks

London, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Could use some advice please...

We have. 4days, and would like to know how long is the travel time from P.E.I. to Nova Scotia ferry, drive,We have a wedding in Halifax on July 26 th, then travel to P.E.I. We are wondering if it would be a lengthy trip as we have to return home on August 2nd. Really appreciate some advice. Finula

Mentioned in this post
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
22,782 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could use some advice please...

Finula2014 - It is considered to be extremely rude to post an irrelevant question on another person's thread... please do your own separate post ... your questions have nothing to do with those of the original poster.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 00:20
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Could use some advice please...

Volunteer with a cause close to your heart. Animals, etc. Go skating on the Oval..

4. Re: Could use some advice please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 02:15