We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We will visit Halifax via cruise, should I rent car?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
We will visit Halifax via cruise, should I rent car?

My husband and I will be arriving on Oct 2nd, 2015 to Halifax. We will be at the port for 8 hours. Most of the private tours are booked. I am interested in visiting Citadel at noon, Public Gardens and Maritime Museum. Is it correct to conclude that these attractions can be done on foot? Are these attractions close to each other and the port?

We also wish to visit Peggy's Cove. I am considering renting a car . If you think its a good idea then what part of the day should we rent the car? Is there another method of transportation to Peggy's Cove?

Mentioned in this post
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
Halifax Public Gardens
Halifax Public Gardens
3,424 Reviews
Halifax, Canada
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
13,596 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We will visit Halifax via cruise, should I rent car?

Renting a car is the best way to get to Peggy's Cove and you are best to go there first thing.

The Maritime Museum is very close to the dock. The Citadel is close but up a steep hill. That is no problem if you are fit. The Public Gardens involve walking uphill from the harbour and then a more level walk of about 25 minutes in total: https://goo.gl/maps/AcB5t

Here is a link with more information: tripadvisor.ca/…63960510

destinationhalifax.com/visitors/things-to-do…

halifaxseaport.com/pdfs/H..._July%2012.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Peggy's Cove
Peggy's Cove
Halifax Region, Canada
Halifax Public Gardens
Halifax Public Gardens
3,424 Reviews
Halifax, Canada
2. Re: We will visit Halifax via cruise, should I rent car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2017, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Halifax Region