We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to El Salvador

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
552 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New to El Salvador

Hi.... My wife and I have travelled to Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic. We have never considered trying El Salvador up until now. We are looking travel in August of this year. I went on a number of sites (expedia, Itravel ect) and cant find anything offerred to DECAMERON SALINITAS for that time.. infact, nothing is offered past March 28....Does anyone know why? We are really intrigued by this country and wish to experience some of it.. We want to go AI as it is easier for us to get our bearings... Thanks and Safe Travels...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New to El Salvador

Not sure why, but I have noticed that when there is low demand Nolitours combines the Montreal and Toronto in one so if you depart from Toronto you first fly to Montreal and from Montreal to Salvador. Usually this involves changing the times of departures- arrivals and new scheduling the flight. ( This was the case for September and October ). If you wish to book you should call Nolitours to ask them about availability for August

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to El Salvador

Just got back from El Salvador and the weather was great for the last week.

The rainy season is from May to October. I suspect it wouldn't be as pleasant then, especially with high temperatures and very high humidity, so that's perhaps why they don't offer it to the North American market in those months.

We had 30 plus degrees every day, with low humidity, very few clouds and constant sunshine. There's always a beautiful breeze off the ocean to make it very comfortable.

Guelph, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New to El Salvador

leaving for ES in two weeks and am a little puzzled by bus transportation throughout the country. Is the capital worth going into? can i get a bus from the airport straight to the coast or Suchito? can you recomment cheap hostels everywhere from El Impossible down to the ocean??? thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
251 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to El Salvador

Hi Brian,

Am currently travelling in El Salvador. I also had a hard time with the bus while planning since I am not comfortable in leaving my luggage stored without a claim ticket and out of my sight while I travel. Therefore, we have and are using pre-arranged private transits. Of course, if you only have a small back pack then you won´t be worrying about luggage....

We paid $65 for 2 from airport directly to our hotel in Suchitoto, for a private transport but then we were arriving late at night.

There are some options for shuttles or buses directly to the coast. Sometimes, the best thing is to inquire at your hostal or hotel, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Have fun, know that we are enjoying it very much so far.

Carole

Guelph, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New to El Salvador

Carole,

thanks for the info.............c u on the road..........brian

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to El Salvador

They don't do tours to El Salador until November, mainly because it's rainy season.

7. Re: New to El Salvador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 09:18