We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decameron Salinitis beach

Waterloo, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Decameron Salinitis beach

Hi there,

I am just about to book a week vacation with my Mom at the Decameron Salinitis resort. It looks so amazing and I am very excited. The one thing I am wondering is what is the swimming like from the beach? It looks like the tide goes out very far. Is there any time that you can swim in the ocean besides in the salt water pool?

Thanks for your time! I appreciate it!

Vicki

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Decameron Salinitis beach

Yes you can swim in the ocean, when the tide is in. Can't give you a time because it changes. Be sure to swim within the roped sections. There is a section by the Pastafari that is not swimmable due to the volcanic rock. You can not see it when the tide is in.

A great country and resort.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Decameron Salinitis beach

You can swim in the salt water pool at all times. As far as the ocean it is not an easy swim when the tide is in because of the waves ( I only got in the ocean in front of BLOCK 1 ) but there is also a nice beach section at the other end ( block 5 ) and the OCEAN CLUB.

There are not big waves but if you are used to the calm water of Cuba it will be a difference. Also you there is strong undertow sometimes so be careful. Nothing dangerous but it is different than the calm water of the Caribbean. I only experienced such a strong undertow in PEI, Canada. You also need watershoes ( Canadian Tire, Walmart). If you have second thoughts of booking the trip please don;t waste an opportunity to visit such a beautiful place. Also I recommend go for a trip to the Falls ( where you can swim in some cold water ) and Santa Ana volcano ( for the volcano you need to hike for 2 hours- a demanding hike ).

Waterloo, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Decameron Salinitis beach

Thanks so much for your help! The resort looks amazing. I am very much looking forward to getting there!

Vicki

4. Re: Decameron Salinitis beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:17