We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we be affected by wildfires?

Mundelein, Illinois
Level Contributor
139 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Will we be affected by wildfires?

First off, I can't imagine what it must be to be facing wildfires... or floods... We're in Chicago-area and the most we've faced recently is loss of power. That said, we're planning to vacation in Tahoe area in MID-SEPT - our first time. Hoping to drive around/explore from RENO to TAHOE and maybe Yosemite or...??? (Anywhere where it's nature or less touristy but not camping/hiking.) Where are the current fires in relation?

BTW-Later in another posting I hope to explore our options, as we're free to go wherever everyone recommends. Thanks so much... and stay safe!

Mundelein, Illinois
Level Contributor
139 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will we be affected by wildfires?

I am SOOO dumb! Could I have checked earlier posts?! Anyway, I realize that we're trying to project out 3 months... who knows what will happen!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will we be affected by wildfires?

Seabird, you are not dumb. I'm an advance planner, too. Unfortunately, we can't predict weather or fires. I hate to mention it, but September is an okay time to visit. Kind of a local secret, not much to do. Reno has some good stores...

3. Re: Will we be affected by wildfires?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 00:16