We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

Hi,

My husband and I are considering the Resort at Squaw Creek and will be there for 4 nights including Christmas. Is this the right choice for us if we're looking for a top quality, luxury type hotel? We're kind of particular about cleanliness, good bedding, room service, ambience and professional service. We like the idea of ski -in, out and realize that limits our choices somewhat.

Will the place be over run with kids at that time?

And, if we do stay there - is there a Christmas Eve or day dinner that you'd recommend?

thanks!

Patuli

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

Book it!! Don't even think twice, the spa is great and the pool is nice, the rooms will be outstanding and best of all you'll be skiing at the best resort in Tahoe!! Let all the other tourist go to Heavenly!!

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

Thank you! Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

I agree you will be happy with the Resort at Squaw Creek. Around Christmas families tend to stay in cabins or homes. If it is overrun with kids they'd be rich kids! ;)

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

I agree, too. I have seen lots of children there around Christmas time, but they seemed to be enjoying time with their families. The lobby is beautifully decorated. We met friends there for Christmas Eve dinner a few year ago. Wonderful meal, simply gorgeous surroundings.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,874 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

Resort at Squaw Creek is amazing at Christmas and the hotel is the best place for Christmas Eve & Day.

Pfeifer House is my favorite restaurant in North Lake, but Christy Hill is right there with it

Lone Eagle at the Hyatt Regency would be my other suggestion for Christmas Eve or Day, they serve great game dishes... elk, moose, buffalo, duck........

http://pfeiferhouse.com/

http://www.christyhill.com/lake-view-dining

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

My favorite place for an excellent meal is Graham's, right there in squaw Valley.

7. Re: Christmas at Resort at Squaw Creek?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 05:17