We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northstar Village condo question

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Northstar Village condo question

Hi,

I am looking to book a condo for my family of four for a skiing trip this coming Feb. And I need some help.

We would like to be in or by the village area (quite pricey for our dates). I saw some condos advertised as Ski in/Ski out, and some condos advertised as TRUE ski in/ski out. Can anyone tell me if there is an actual difference between the TRUE ski in and just the PLAIN ski in condos?

We do want easy access to the ski lifts, and would love to be able to walk to the village.

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northstar Village condo question

Well there are condos all over the village and then ther are condos spread out over the resort that you'd likely take the free shuttle for.

Here is the list of lodging types:

northstarattahoe.com/info/ski/trip-planning/…

Here is a map of the lodging so you can see where each type is in relation to the village and the lifts- click on winter and then click on each area to get a closer look. :

northstarattahoe.com/info/ski/trip-planning/…

Though they call places in the village ski in/out you'd really have to take your skis off. Like for Great Bear., it's in the village and though you'd be close to teh lifts you'd have to take off your skis to walk around. Village one on the other hand you might be able to ski in and out but ski run is truly ski in and out.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northstar Village condo question

Depends what you consider 'ski in/out' that is how many steps from the front door the cut off is. IMO staying right in the new village is where it's at with the skating rink, restaurants, firepits, bars, etc. The building closest to the gondola and end of snow you can ski down to is One Village Place (in fact the Gondola is located in this building) and around 10-15 yards. This is followed by Catamount and Big Horn ~ 20-25 yards and then Great Bear ~ 30yards. The Iron Horse buildings are furthest to the gondola but from these buildings the new Hyatt gondola would be closer ~ 35 yards.

I think these are close enough to be considered 'ski in/out' and worth it with kids esp since you're right in the village.

3. Re: Northstar Village condo question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:15